Thursday, October 20, 2011

Please, Let Me Say Thank You!

I consider myself a deep thinker. I have a habit of analyzing just about everything and finding some useful life lesson in it. Sometimes I wish I could stop, but most times I am grateful. I love peeling back the layers of whatever life throws my way and learning all I can from them. There have been so many big things I have done this with but my favorite is the small things. The little things that happen everyday. The things that tend to get overlooked. I can't take in everything everyday though and so I know there are things that get brushed by or sometimes not even considered. I had the opportunity for such a lesson today. One I believe I was in sore need of. I ask you, dear reader, do you know how greatful I am for you? Have I told you how much I appreciate your friendship and kind words? Not enough I'm afraid. I would like to think that I thank everybody for everything that deserves being thanked for...I would LIKE to think that, but I can't. I would like to think I neglected to say thank you only because of procrastination or a busy day, but I'm ashamed to say that sometimes I don't say thank you simply because I become to self absorbed, to involved in my own desires and needs to stop for just a second, because that is all it takes really, to let you know how much I cherish you. So let me take this time, this moment, to say Thank You to all of those who have made my babies smile. Anyone who has given them a moment of your time, a gift, diapers, medicine, photographs and cards. Let me say Thank You to all of you that have ever said a prayer for them or have told a friend about them to help me spread the word on RCDP. Thank You to all those who have supported me with kind words and laughter. Thank You for your smiles and your tears. Thank You to those wonderful souls who have watched my sweet angels for me when ever I have asked you, who have gone to the hospital with me, or have listened to me cry when things aren't going my way. Thank You to the doctors and nurses and therapists who work with my children on sometimes a daily basis. Thank You to my Rhizokids group whom without I don't know how I would make it. Now that I've found you I don't know how I ever made it without you. Thank you also for sharing your children with me, for letting me share in a little bit of their lives, to see their smiling faces and to cry with you when they are suffering. I believe we all need to take the time to say Thank You more often. From the simple things, to the big things... I never want to neglect to let you know how much I wouldn't want to be without you, how sad I would be if I ever hurt you. This world can be crazy, and a little scary but I believe if we remember to be grateful, not only in our hearts but in our words and actions, this world will be a better place. You are not mind readers and neither am I. Saying Thank You is such a simple thing, with such a dramatic effect and it takes only a second really. It's free too :-)

2 comments:

  1. terry Thompson NicholsOctober 20, 2011 at 11:06 PM

    I feel blessed the night i was on the computer and we found each other. After a long sleepless week..there u were. Thru your posts/pics i feel like i know u. That we've been thru a lot together..i do not feel that u have slighted me in the least. You are a dear friend whom i one day hope to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vickie for sharing your life, your beautiful family and always showing your love for us with your fabulous videos and pictures. I do appreciate YOU!! xoxoxo Auntie Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are appreciated. Thank You for your intrest in my sweet munchkin trifecta!