Friday, December 2, 2011

My Alphabet of Gratitude...Letter Q is for Quiet!

Ahhh...Peace and Quiet, how often I've overlooked how powerful just a few minutes of this really is. Any mother can relate to me. When the babies are all sleeping and no one is sick with a cough, it can be the most wonderful thing in the world. I don't like to much of it though, just a dab will do ya. The world I live in can become very noisy. It is full of beeps and babbles, music and TV, background noise. Hannah can talk and talk and talk. Megan loves to babble and join in the conversation even when there isn't one going. Easton is a bit of the silent type but even he can't stay quiet forever, thank goodness becasue I love his laugh. Raegan is constantly making noise even when she sleeps she snores. Dakotah plays his music whenever he gets a chance and Zachary is almost always giggling or telling stories. I love their noise. I love it individually and collectively. But just for a second, when it all stops, just for a moment mind you, it can be bliss. I breathe it in, like a priceless treasure. Ah, the wonder of a quiet moment. To refelect or to just listen to the breath go in and out of my lungs. After a prayer, silence is golden. It gives me time simply to listen. Quiet can be a wonderous thing. I remember as a child folding my arms and seeing who could remain the quietest during primary. It was HARD. It isn't hard anymore. I've really come to appreciate it. Right now, it's very quiet in my house. All my babies and children are sleeping and I love to hear the rhythmic breathing sounds. This is quiet to me. This is wonderful to me. It means no one is coughing, no suction machine is going. No oxygen machine is rumbling and noisily heating up the room. This is quiet. I know everybody has their own version of what quiet is to them. This is mine. No shrill beeps, no pulse oximeters going off scaring me yet again. Did I mention no coughing? How I've come to hate the sound of a cough. Quiet is a treasure. It means to me for a moment, for this moment, everything is okay. I can breathe easy and relax and refill my bucket so to speak. So Shhhh! Be very very quiet...I'm hunting wabbits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are appreciated. Thank You for your intrest in my sweet munchkin trifecta!