Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Alphabet of Gratitude...Letter P is for Prayer

Prayer. I couldn't live without it. It is as essential to my soul as oxygen is to my body. I know I can talk to my Father in Heaven anytime, anyplace and for any reason I need. I never have to feel alone. I never have to feel unheard. I don't always get the answer I hope for but I always get the answer that is best for me at the time. The best part is that I always get an answer, even if it is to wait, be patient. I have a lot of self doubt, so sometimes it is hard for me to know if I'm answering my own prayers or if I'm really listening. It isn't always easy to hear that still small voice. Sometimes I have to be quite persistant in pleading my case, just to get the same answer I recieved in the previous prayer. I am so thankful for this open line to my Creator. Who knows me better, so who better to talk to? I have seen the power of prayer on many occasions in many people's lives. I have seen it in my life in simple and in great ways. He answers my silly prayers along with my serious life changing prayers. I love that. It gives me security, like a warm blanket. I've prayed on my knees, standing up, sitting down, and driving. I've prayed with my eyes open and my eyes closed. I've prayed while crying, and sometimes while wanting to scream. But, I've always prayed. I look back on my life and I can see that, and I am very grateful for it. I've prayed for myself and for friends. I've even prayed for enemies, it's not easy but I always feel much better when I've finished. Like God has cleansed me somehow through understanding and unconditional love. I remember praying in school, I wish my kids could still do that. Unfortunately some people don't believe in praying. I can understand that in a way, but I don't like it when I don't have a choice and they do, so I tell my kids to pray silently to themselves, God always hears. If he can hear Jonah in the belly of a whale at the bottom of the sea then I am certain he can hear me everywhere at everytime. What a comfort. What a joy. What a gift of priceless value. It is nice to know that God listens, that He cares and that I don't have to wait in line or take a number to be heard. I don't have to shout or jump up and down. It is a simple act of communication that saves my life everyday. I am thankful for prayer and the power it holds. I am thankful that God listens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are appreciated. Thank You for your intrest in my sweet munchkin trifecta!