Friday, December 23, 2011

My Alphabet of Gratitude...Letter T is for Therapists!

I have had the opportunity, through my wonderful Munchkin Trifecta, to meet many wonderful therapists. My children have worked and are working with physical, occupational, visual, and play therapists in the past 10 years. I have learned many educational things from them, including how the muscles work, what it takes to move this part this way or that way and why it's even important. Therapists come to my home just about every day of the week. They have become a part of my family in a way. Many of them have become dear friends. I know as much about their lives and families as they do mine. They have all come to love and adore my children and my children them. We have exchanged laughs and tears. We have watched as my children do the simplest things and have shouted in joy together over it. They have taught me how to do things I thought I would have to go to school for. I appreciate the time they take to listen to my children and what they are saying to them. They understand them almost as well as I do, in some ways better. I have been blessed with so many wonderful personalities, so much caring, and a great amount of knowledge through these awesome people I call therapists. They not only have healing hands, they have healing hearts. I can't imagine my babies world without them, I can't imagine having to do it all on my own. Doing therapy on my children myself can be heartbreaking for me, I am so very thankful I have their support and guidance. It is so nice to know on the days they come over I don't have to do that particular therapy on my child that day and it is such a great relief. I have come to find that therapists, at least the ones I know, go way beyond the therapy aspect of their job. They invest their whole hearts in the children they work with. I can see the love in their faces. The smiles my children give them are all I need to know they are happy with them and they love them too, even though at times they can make them cry. The work my little Trifecta have to do can be very hard at times. I marvel at their strength and endurance. I also marvel at a person who can do this type of work for a living. Traveling from house to house. From child to child, making them do things they really don't want to sometimes can be very draining I'm sure. I hope they know how much they are appreciated in my house. How much I love the work they do and how much I depend on it. I am so very thankful to live in a place where my children can even receive therapy. So to all of you therapists out there I say Thank You! You are loved and appreciated more than words can say...just as the Munchkin Trifecta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are appreciated. Thank You for your intrest in my sweet munchkin trifecta!