Monday, February 21, 2011

The stuff nightmares are made of

I woke up with the sound of Raegan crying around 4:am, her ususal night feeding time. I stumbled into the kitchen to warm up a bottle for her when I heard Megan start crying. Usually, when Megan starts crying in the middle of the night it is either because she is hungry or she wants her tummy rubbed. I knew she wasn't hungry so I decided Raegan could whine for just a minute more so I could rub Megan's tummy. The tummy rubbing wasn't seeming to help her though she just started crying harder and almost screaming now. It was dark in the room since I hadn't turned on any lights because Easton was still sleeping. But I noticed on Megan what looked like a crusty eye, like maybe an eye booger or something so I touched her eye to get it off and her whole eye and around it was covered with ants! I almost screamed and freaked out. I cleaned her up really really good and moved her into bed with me. I've been keeping a dilligent eye out for any ants around her for the past 15 or 20 minutes, but I see no strays or survivors of my rampage. I made it a point to smoosh everyone I could find. I love all of God's creatures big and small, but NOT on my baby's eyes!!
 So needless to say we are calling an exterminator in the morning. I've been dealing with these darn ants ever since I moved to this sand pit that this house is on, but NEVER have I had to deal with them bothering my little angels. What the heck?? Now, when I close my eyes I see the ants swarming out of her eye and it just makes my skin crawl! Can you imagine how terrible it would be to have ants crawling all over your eye and not be able to do a thing about it but cry!! My poor baby couldn't even get her hand up to her face to get them out or itch or anything, I'm sure it was driving her crazy!
I try my best to be there for anything and everything my children need, I am their hands, feet, eyes and mouth. I can not believe I let this happen. I feel so horrible. Usually Megan sleeps with me, but she has been so noisy lately that she has been waking Raegan up so I put her in another room that is very close to me but not WITH me. I'm so sorry this happened to you Megan. Mommy will get rid of these darn pests and you will never have to go through that again! I have declared war on the ants that dare to enter my house!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope she's feeling better. That has to be a horrible feeling. It's a good thing you did what your gut told you to. You have no way of knowing there were ants on her face. Ants in the house and ants crawling on someone's face are two different things. Let the exterminator handle it and try to get it off your mind. I am sure she already has. I know they have extradinory spirits and minds ands she's put it behind her. You're still doing a great job! No one else could do what you do because no one else is YOU! I love you. Have a good day! Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vickie, I'm so sorry that this happened to the two of you. How scary for you to find her like that and poor Megan. They are so helpless and innocent. Hopefully they are not red ants, the biting kind, and really could do her no harm but scary just the same. Never doubt your mothering skills, we are all only human and cannot be in three places at once. Your doing the best you can and I would say your doing a fabulous job. What happened was not your fault,try not to worry about it so much. Hope today is better for you. Love to you and the kids.

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are appreciated. Thank You for your intrest in my sweet munchkin trifecta!