Monday, November 14, 2011

My Alphabet of Gratitude...Letter G is for God

God, Elohim, I AM, Jehovah, Almighty, Great Shepherd, Immanuel, King, and The Way. Heavenly Father, Master, Judge, and Great Shepheard. He is known by many names and by many people. He is my Creator and I love Him most of all. My search for God really began after Megan was born. My whole world seemed shattered. Everything I believed about the world came crashing down and I was left devastated. It was awful. I felt so dark, so hopeless. I was angry and I was so very sad. I was a rollercoaster of emotions and I was worn out physically from the care Megan required. I had to have answers if I was going to carry on. I had to believe in something or I knew I wasn't going to make it. I had to have hope. I had to have something to look forward to, something to hold on to. I've always believed IN God, but what did I believe ABOUT God? That was what I was going to have to figure out. I began a quest, I studied many religions, I am a very open minded person and I wanted to learn all I could from just about everybody I could. I went to many different churches and participated as well as I could. Questions always going around in my head, listening for answers among my fellow church goers. I found many wonderful people in many wonderful beliefs. I also found answers. I found a Father in Heaven who loves me very much. I found an advocate and supporter beyond my wildest dreams. I found Someone who would listen to me night or day and never complain about my questions. I found a reason I could accept about why my babies are how they are. If all I woke up with tomorrow was my knowlege of my God I would be a happy person. I have nothing without it. I have hope and happiness beyond anything I could have imagined. I am not sad about my little trifecta, I am excited. Not on the earthly sense, the physical is still very hard sometimes. But on an eternal sense, the bigger picture so to speak. I know I don't have to worry about my little angels. I know they are perfect and being protected by a loving and caring God. Do I have questions for Him still? Sure I do, but I've learned to listen more than speak and it is that I am grateful for. A Father who speaks to me and knows me better than I know myself. A God who loves me more than I understand. An answer, a Friend, a Savior. I believe God lives and loves us all very much. I know He wants us all to be happy and learn to love each other and live together in peace and understanding. This is what has helped me the most in my struggles. I know I can go through anything and make it, my faith is strong and I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are appreciated. Thank You for your intrest in my sweet munchkin trifecta!