Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sickness...bah humbug!

Well the muchkin trifecta have been pretty sick this week. Lots of runny noses, coughing, gagging and suctioning going on. Their spirits have been awesome though, even through all the yucky these angels still find a reason to smile. It teaches me so much not to mention it just melts my heart. Cold are always the worst at night so I haven't been getting much sleep. I am grateful for the suction machine, and I will be even more grateful when I don't have to use it! If I never hear a cough again it will be too soon. I try to find the good in everything, I can find no good in a cough, no matter how hard I try, I hate them.
Raegan got her splints readjusted today. Her legs are getting straighter! She is being so patient with us as we try to figure out the best way to help her little body. I am amazed by her strength, and her humor. While the doctor was putting on her splints she complained, but when the doctor asked if she forgave him, she smiled. I simply love her.
I am looking forward to Megan's 9th birthday! I can hardly believe it has been 9 years. My little Megan, how she has stolen my heart. She simply lights up my life, she has brought me so much, I can not even begin to put it into words. She has opened my eyes to a whole new world, a whole new way of thinking. I am honored and truly blessed to be her Mother. I am looking forward to the next 9 years!

1 comment:

  1. Hi munchkins, Sorry to hear about your nasty coughs. Please get better real soon so Santa can bring lots of goodies and you all will be well to enjoy the holidays and gifts. Good for you Raegan to do so well with your splints. Vickie, our Rhizokids ARE very strong and little troupers. Jake and Jordyn have been through so much more in thier little lives then I have in 59 years. I have so much admiration for the determination and sheer will that they show in trying to do even the smallest task, things that we take for granted. Like Jake now trying to hold his own bottle. Other people with "normal" kids would think that it is no big deal but for our kids it is huge! I am so very proud of all the kids and what they CAN DO. Hope yours all feel better soon. Love to you all. Kathie, and you CAN call me Auntie!

    ReplyDelete

Any and all comments are appreciated. Thank You for your intrest in my sweet munchkin trifecta!