Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Vickie

Time for the insomnia to set in. Easton is having his surgery on the 20th. Well that is when it is scheduled anyway, rescheduled from November because he had a cold. I tend to worry. Not that it can add an inch to my height I know, but I do it anyway. I know that every surgery could be Easton's last. I try not to think negatively, but I feel I have to prepare myself. I wake up in the nights leading up to his surgery just to watch him breath. To hear him breath, to see his chest move up and down. I sleep with him in my bed so that I can reach out and feel his foot, his hand, his leg. Feel the warmth of him and know that his heart is still beating. I take nothing for granted. Every smile means the world to me. I wish I could bottle up his smiles and his laughter. They light up my life like a rainbow straight from heaven. I don't know how I will ever live without them, without him, without my Easton. It is so painful to even think about, and yet I worry. I beg God, like a little child, to have my way. I pound my fists and kick my legs and scream, and a small voice whispers...Thy will be done Lord. Peace comes over me because I know His way is best. Yet, before the surgery date has come I will have many more arguments with God, trying to convince Him that my will be done, just for a little while longer. And so I worry...Cleaning his teeth, what a big deal right? Why should it have to be such a problem. My poor little guy, I would take your place if I could, if only for a little while, just so you wouldn't have to suffer so. I am listening to his breathing as I type, I love the rhythmic sound it has, Easton's own little snore. Such a beautiful sound. Worry has become a constant companion of mine these past few years, I imagine it gives me some sense of power, some sense of control over a situation that I honestly have very little. Besides taking care of these babies, I believe it is what I do best! I try to keep my sense of humor about me, I try to find laughter wherever I can, it saves my sanity....I think. Maybe writing all of this into this blog will help me get it all out of my head and then I can sleep..? That would be nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are appreciated. Thank You for your intrest in my sweet munchkin trifecta!